I am committed to the highest standards of ethical practice, and that includes respecting and protecting your privacy.
This policy explains
- who I am
- why I collect data
- what data I collect
- how the data is collected
- how data is stored
- how to revoke consent for me to store this data
- what I do and don’t do with your data
Who am I?
Duchess Secrets, one of the leading black UK sex coaches.
Why I collect data
I need to know this data to provide my services to you. I only collect the personal data I need from you so that I can provide the best services to you. I will hold all personal data responsibly and in strictest confidence. This policy details how.
What data I collect
I only collect data that you provide. This comprises:
- Marketing & Communications Data: Name and email address if you sign up to my newsletter, download my e-books or purchases my product.
- Enquiries: If you make an enquiry about my services, I will have your email and if we arrange to speak, I will take your phone number and relevant details during our conversation. Any notes I make electronically will not identify you. If you choose not to go ahead with one on one sessions, I will delete any notes I have made during our conversation. If you choose to have one on one sessions with me, see this next section which details what happens with your data.
- Session Data: If you become a client of mine through one on one sessions or my online courses, I will take relevant details during and after our sessions. This is to enable me deliver the best possible service to you. I will use your email for purposes of communication regarding administration of appointments and to respond to your emails in-between sessions. I will only contact you via phone with your express agreement. Any client notes I make will contain any identifying features as I use a coding system. Whilst an active client, I store your mobile number on a password protected spreadsheet with your email and the mobile number is removed on conclusion of our work. The computer which this is stored on is also password protected.
- Transaction Data: A record of transactions and payments from you
How the data is collected
Subscription: Data is collected via my lead generation form on my website or signing up to my newsletters at events and in an email exchange.
- Direct interactions: From enquiries about my services via the contact form on my website or by corresponding with me by phone, email or otherwise. This may be as you have made an enquiry about my services or at an event, during our sessions if are a client or otherwise.
- Via my online shop: When purchasing a product from me.
NB: If you enquire about my services, I do not assume permission to contact you beyond communication about your enquiry. I will ask if you would like to go on my newsletter and I will need your consent before I add you.
How data is stored
I have a Data Protection policy in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. I keep all your private information, including your email address, in confidence. I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure I have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all the information I collect. I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed.
My website has an SSL certificate means data sent between the server and the visitor’s browser is encrypted and therefore protected.
I have appointed a trusted colleague in case of my serious illness or death. They would access your contact details to contact you to let you know if I was unable to continue working with you, and help signpost to other practitioners if needs be. They would respectfully close my practice, including safe disposal of client notes and data.
How to revoke consent for me to store this data
Your information is used for my newsletter in which I share my latest news, details of events and workshops and relevant news and stories. You will stay on my database until you notify me that you no longer wish to receive this information.
You may revoke consent to receive email updates by
- Using the unsubscribe link in the footer of every newsletter
- Emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Right to Erasure: However, the ‘right to be forgotten’ gives individuals the power to request the removal of their personal data when there is no compelling justification for its continued processing by a company. If you wanted to have your data deleted, you would need to email me. I will need to ensure that it is you, and not a third party. I must keep a suppression list to evidence I had complied with the request. Information about third parties (or where a second person has been part of the therapeutic process, cannot be destroyed without their express consent).
What I do and don’t do with your data
I will only use your data for the purpose for which it was collected. I will never knowingly share your data with any person or 3rd party unless I am required by law to do so or unless further express permission is given as part of our ongoing client agreement.
If you opted in to receive my news, updates and marketing information, I will from time to time send you a newsletter. This information is not shared with third purposes and you can unsubscribe at any time via the newsletter or email. If this is something you would like to sign up to, please get in touch.
You have the right to request a copy of any information I hold about you. If you would like to request this, please contact me. I will need to ensure that it is you, and not a third party. Information will be provided to you within 30 days. If you attend sessions with another person, then the notes remain confidential material of the client relationship (both people) and one person cannot request access for a third party.
Like many other websites, my website, currently hosted by NameCheap, also does this. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by an organisation to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit.
They collect statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and do not identify you as an individual. This helps us to improve our website and deliver a better more personalised service to members and the public. I occasionally access the following information – country of origin, clicks made on website, post and pages looked at and search engine term used to get to the website.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies. If you prefer you can reset your browser either to notify you when you have received a Cookie or to refuse to accept Cookies. To do so, we suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as:
It is important to note that if you choose not to accept Cookies, or you set your browser not to accept Cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on our site.
Sex, Pleasure, and Intimacy Coaching is not intended as a substitute for medical or psychological diagnosis or treatment. I am not a psychologist, therapist, or doctor. I do not offer psychotherapy or medical advice. Prospective and current clients who feel that they are physically ill should seek medical advice from a doctor.
Working with Duchess Secrets, you agree to inform her of any pre-existing medical conditions and medications or prescriptions you are taking. My product or services are not designed to diagnose medical or psychological conditions, replace medical treatment, prescribe substances, provide counselling, nor interfere with medical or psychological treatments given by licensed professionals.
Her work, whether one on one, workshops, courses or otherwise is offered as a tool for personal growth and should not be taken as medical or psycho-therapeutic advice. We (Duchess Secrets and her team) do not make claims to heal medical or psychological conditions; any healing subsequent to working with her is a result of self-healing. If personal process or symptom presents, the participant should seek the help of a qualified health care provider.
Copyright Text and Footer Links